Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info.

2015-04-05     07:23:17pm

2 division I-leagues kicked off on Sunday 29th march at Kanchanjunga stadium, Siliguri.


Though there were some last minute changes in the  schedule as the flood lights in the stadium were still under maintainance and the second venue ssb Ranidanga stadium was not yet ready to host the game

Nevertheless all the 1st round games were played. The first game was played between Chanmari Football Club and Kenker Football Club.

Chanmari FC defeated Kenker FC 4-1. Chanmari FC was leading 1-0 at the half time. Beginning of the second witnessed some brilliant football from Mizoram side as they scored three goals within the first seven minutes of the second half and where leading 4-0 before Kenker FC got the only goal in 59th minute.

Chanmari FC goals came in from Malsawmfela(39), Yinka Joel Sunday(47) , F. Lalrinpuia (51) and Yinka Joel Sunday (52). Yash Mhatre (59’) scored only goal for Kenker FC
The second game was played between Mohammedan Sporting and United FC where former came victorious with goals from Daniel Bidemi (53) and Phool Chand(65).

The third and fourth match of competition that was initially scheduled on 29th at SSB Ranidanga and was rescheduled for 30th at Kanchanjuga stadium.

In the third match of the first round Aizawl FC smashed Lonestar Kashmir FC 4-1.

Aizawl FC got the lead in 33rd minute when Rahul Kumar’s defensive error found the own net. Before the end of first half B. Zoramthara doubled the lead for Aizawl FC and was at comfortable zone at the beginning of second half.

David Lalrinmuana increased the lead in 76th minute and H. Lalbiakthanga sealed the deal for Aizawl FC in 93rd minute.  Christopher Chizoba though pulled back one for Lonestar Kashmir FC in 78th minute.

In the last match of the first round saw PIFA Sports and Hindustan FC shared a point each.

PIFA Sports though was leading with 2-0 before the half an hour mark after the fine goal from Ozowala Ewis and Sandesh Gadkari in 20th and 24th minute respectively but Hindustan FC performed well to come back from behind and snatched a point.  31st minute goal from James Effiong boosted the moral of Hindustan FC as then looked strong thereafter and got the equalizer in 68th minutes from Substitute Dilli Ram Snayasi

The next round will be played on 1st and 2nd April at Kanchanjunga Stadium.