Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info.

2015-04-05     07:19:41pm

In the ongoing Second Division I-league competition North East side continues to dominate the league and both the Northeastern club lead the eight team tables.


In the first match of the second round, Aizawl Football Club continued there form and defeated Mumbai based Kenker FC 4-1. Aizawl FC took an early lead in 6th minute of the game through Albert Zohmingmawia's neat goal. Later, U. Chigozie doubled the lead in the 8th minute. At the end of the 10th minute Norhteast side was leading 2-0.  Yao Kouassi Bernard though managed to reduce the margin in 15th minute. However Mumbai side was struggling to keep possession till the end.

Aizwal FC took advantage of the opponent’s shaky football and increased the lead in 73 minutes through David Lalrinmuana and substitute Morgan Justice sealed the deal for Aizawl FC in the 87th minute.

In the other match Chanmari FC came from one goal behind and ruined Hindustan FC's hope with half a dozen score on the board.  Lalbiakhlua scored the first hat trick of the tournament that came in within six minutes probably the fastest hat trick in record.

Hindustan FC tried hard to fight back but they could hardly stop the Chanmari strikers who had gained much more confidence as the goal kept following in regular intervals.

Scorers for Chanmari FC- Lalbiakhlua (24, 27, 39), Yinka Joel Sunday (PG 38), Laldingnghe(55),  Joseph Lalnunpuia(90)
Hindustan FC:  O.O Sola (11), Dilli Ram Sanyasi(45)

In another match one of the Kolkata giant Mohammedan Sporting Club got defeated in the hands of Lonestar Kashmir FC.

Kashmiri club grabbed the three points with  composed football thoroughout. They kept invading Mohammedan Sporting territory with some good short passes.   Ajay Singh scored both the goals in each half.

Somide Adelaja scored for Mohammedan Sporting through spot kick in 43rd minute. Mohammedan Sporting fought hard but they lack the coordination and failed to break Lonestar Kashmir FC defensive wall

The last game of the second round was between PIFA Sports and United FC where United FC won with the sole goal that came in 43rd minute from Eric P Brown thus securing first three points of the tournament.